Not been writing much here recently. the house is finally sold, well in principle, and I’ve found a bungalow to buy so packing and culling of junk has been going on. good news is I put a few horse oddments on eBay and made £91 and spent £95 😉 on some new golden fluid acrylics. I love those, the colours are so intense and though they are tiny bottles you need very little. I haven’t had many in the past, but golden sent me some samples last year and I’d forgotten how vibrant they are.
So, updates…as its too cold in studio I’ve been mostly working on ones I wasn’t happy with, adding something to create a new painting, rather than just re-pouring. Its been great fun.
This one I tried to turn into a beach scene, but it cracked, too much paint i think…
This pour reminded me of rain. It started as a dirty pour, which got swiped, colour added etc and reswiped until i was -kind of – happy. Its got to have a bird now though looking in the window according to the grandkids, so that’s today’s project.
this one looked a bit lacking on its own so it became a peacock – I didn’t intend him to be quite so in-your-face, but subtle isn’t a strong point when I’m painting.
I forgot a “before ” image for this, it was a colourful swipe that made me think of gardens. Again there’s metallic paints and micas, as with the peacock. I want to resin this one, and maybe the peacock one too.
This one got turned sideways and some trees poured, with bits pulled out for branches. I have done a little more definition of the branches since, and a few high and low lights.
A boring one which had lots of white bubble effect parts became the kingfisher diving.
Don’t know what to do with these two yet, the first may develop into a couple of blowsy flowers…
And finally after loads of failed flip cup dirty pours I didn’t “flip” this one but layered in the same way and tipped it quickly, pulling back and got Some Decent Cells. though I lost a few on tipping, but I’m still happy with result!