well, Saturday saw me using black, white, red, yellow as Nathan did so well earlier in the week. Too much black though, and on the rectangular one I ended up swiping over with acetate. Both are just awful so will be base for incarnation two….
Sunday I tried again, first one had more colour than I wanted but…maybe it’ll grow on me, second was disaster, tilted too much and colours just ran together. Added more colours dotted over and swiped with spatula, better but still not good, so added white to each end and swiped with acetate. Still hated it so scraped off and tried again with what paint was left. still ended up swiping with acetate. I quite like the grey lacing effect but overall its one that I need to think about. Might end up keeping both , might just paint over 😉 You know how it goes, sometimes there’s a run of unsuccessful paintings. these had liquitex PM, but I think it was simply user error, paints wrong selection, too heavy handed, too much colour, too thickly applied, too much fiddling. All and any of those.
My experiment with just water and dulux seems to have worked, there’s a little splitting but none of the cracking when i used it with floetrol or LPM. I think though I’m sticking with artist white, use the dulux for priming canvas and wood. and maybe in the house if i need it….