Experimenting with dimethicon instead of treadmill silicon

So yesterday found me trying this out – and the results were great. If I can replicate them so I know it wasn’t one of those flukes, you know – when things go perfect despite what you do – then i’ll be sticking with this.

I’ve been using all sorts of silicon, some successfully some not. I found the spray went everywhere but it the pots, the cosmetic silicon left “holes” and thin spots in canvas sometimes, and the treadmill works OK, but still limited cells. So took the plunge and bought silicone number 4, some dimethicon.
I used the dulux paint for white, added silicone to colours, some blues, pinks and purples, a couple of which are metallic. They’re still pretty wet today, and the sunflower from friday is drying nicely but still not there. Not sure if its weather ot the dulux paint but we’ve (fingers crossed it stays) some sun today so that should help.
I’m trying to get best place for video to minimise glare and give a good shot of me working, showing the actual painting but still haven’t got there. sorry, Its a tight space though and little room for manouevre, but I will keep working at it and thanks for your patience so far.
I tried another flower one like the sunflower but a hydrangea this time. It was going well…til it wasn’t. I overworked it, fiddled too much, used too much colour and it was a mess. Left it as it was raining my my scooter getting wet. came back couple of hours later and i just didn’t like it so i mixed up quickly some more colors, red, yellow and ornage and used the little that was left in pots plus these, poured over at random and swiped the whole thing with acetate and love the result. its got a little gold sparkle dropped on too. today I want to see if I can get gold lacing….well, it might work abd ts fun trying.

this is the messy hydrangea. I just did Not Like it – knew I’d never be happy with it as it was so more paint and a good swipe turned it into the next one.

Advertisements