Its been so cold my paintings are taking forever to dry. This one was done on Nov 15th, and is still tacky in the centre. Its not that big, 16 x 20 ins on deep edge canvas. I had the idea of Northern Lights, but result is a bit “in your face” with colour, not the subtle effect I was thinking. Less colour next time 😉
The art challenge using black and three blues has had first coat varnish
this one I love but really needs to be in good light to catch the glitter or it looks like just dark green/blue and black, it has lots of glitter and metallic paint
a couple that are finally dry and first coat varnish
Braved the cold yesterday to do a quick pour or three….a few memo boards for xmas pressies, and I wanted to play with some new pigments powders I bought, kind of colour shift where colour changes according to light hitting it – the colour shift paints are costly so I bought some pigment for car paints and mixed with my paint medium (floetrol and bindex) . I’m tempted to buy more and paint my wheelchair instead of the boring black it is, or the red of the scooter – though there’s not much left to paint on that after i keep pulling bits off that get broken when i – cough – hit the gates or fence….
I’m hoping this one dries like this, poured over the end of a coke bottle and minimal tilting. If i did it again I’d just fill in corners with colour and leave un-tilted. I pulled some parts with a skewer up and down to make shapes. I just used up colours from my memo boards I’d been making.
The memo boards, I’ve taped off top, then with give 2 coats blackboard paint when dry, and seal tops with decoart triple thick.
Didn’t like this one, was a bit too “busy” so I added some mountains, birds, a castle and a dragon….but will most likely tinker some more – i never know when to stop. Its 20 x 20 ins.
I keep tinkering with the bubbles, another painting I wasn’t happy with so played around. It might have worked better if I did this on one I liked as TBH all I can see is the background I wasn’t happy with. Maybe I’ll cover it in bubbles…..
I finished the first memo boards with decoart triple thick over the painted part, looks a bit like resin, not as nice but easier to do 🙂 you can see where the paint bled under the tape – I’ve gone over that now with blackboard paint.
the top one now sits in my kitchen, with some chalk pens, replacing my scraps of paper taped to fridge!