I had an idea yesterday so tried it on a couple of 3 x 3 canvasses, liked parts, but where the cad red, cerulean blue and pthlalo green had mixed I had a grim murky kind of pink that was awful. Happens when trying new combo’s so a bit of reworking was in order. I figure if I don’t like a painting as it is there’s nothing to lose by trying to change it. Usually my first try is a swipe with maybe an additional colours(s) added but I wanted to make sure i covered the murkiness so poured colours on neat and tilted. I had yet another kind of silicon to try, a 3 in 1 spray.
You can see bits of the Murk in the next two, couldn’t cover it all.
Must have had more pthlalo green in this one.
I did a 4×4 in one too where i used more yellow and got some fab greens. Still got The Murk in top right corner.
Of course the real test is can I reproduce this effect or is it just a lucky accident!! I’d just finished when Nathan and Chris arrived, and he wanted to video himself painting for his youtube channel – I’ll link it when he has uploaded it. He’d been watching someone paint with 2 parts pva 1 part water, then add paint and thin if necessary. Used silicon too. I’ve just bought some elmers glue-all, finding the two UK pvas I tried simply cracked. I tried a few days ago with an elmers/floetrol mix but this is first pure elmers and the thinning it with water then adding paint is backward to what i usually do so its going to be fun seeing how it dries. I suspect elmers here in uk won’t work out any cheaper than floetrol 😦 I haven’t done a calc yet but its good to have another tool in the arsenal for painting.
I “won” some fluid acrylics on ebay….Folk Art so will be playing with them next week t see how they compare to my usual heavy body acrylics. .