What I’ve been doing this past week….

Busy week having lots of fun. Did some painting with grandkids. Spent  some trying to get those elusive large cells, did some negative painting, some experimenting with new additives, and a couple more with house-paint. And tried a few different ideas.

yesterday’s ribbon pour ( well that’s what I call it, there may be a “proper” term but its like a dirty pour tipped slowly. this is over an old canvas, that had some texture, small stones and plaster on the sirface!
attempting large cells – getting there. This was blowing silicon over the surface. It has changed a bit as it dried…

I’m giving up on house-paint, I just can’t make it work for me…others use it with great results but for me whether with just water, pva, floetrol or a mix of all it, whether i use it thick or thin, satin or emulsion, it either cracks or the paints separate so I’m sticking to artists acrylics.

house paint and water, cracked
housepaint and water made thinner, paint separated
housepaint with floetrol, paint still separates

Tried for some negative space works, as usual I added too much colour. But like the results of the first one even though it wasn’t what i was after. Second will get a repaint probably.

playing with negative space
and again negative space was the aim but i used too much colour – that happens alot to me!

Trying for some nice bright cells. I think these were the ones I used coconut oil with, definitely did on the one I collaborated with Nathan, purple one.

cant rememeber what i was aiming for with these two, probably bright colours – i tend to let them mix too much when tilting and end dissatisfied.

Nathan was determined wed do a collaboration piece. He took one side, me the other. He chose colours, we used the same but different mixes and simply poured and tilted. He had much more purple in his mix.
trying a swirl with dirty cup leaving negative space….as usual too much colour.
Beth had the idea to paint a sycamore leaf and place in the white paint.

 

Im pretty happy with these two – trying for biggish cells

Beth was inspired by some cake feathering we have done in the past. Looks good I think, something else to try

I didn’t like the first one below, so swiped it – and swiped a couple more times and ended up with the next pic. Too bland for me, so one to paint over. wished I’d left it as it was 😉

Advertisements