Trying 99.9% alchol and updates on other works

I’m trying a higher % alcohol as I saw it recommended. TBH I’m not sure what difference alcohol makes but I did get some biggish cells with this mix. I did a simple swipe using black on a 4×4 inch canvas. I also used the same colours in a larger rectangular one but that didn’t have such large cells, however I did feel the acetate sheet settling into the paint rather than swiping over on that one, and had to recover a few spots so that could be the reason. I need to play more before I can definitely say there’s a difference, but given price is similar I’ll probably use this as default just in case…..
Edit: Update on the housepaint experiments. ¬†They took a long while to dry, and yestrday I noticed lots of cracking on the sunflowers and the blue abstract. That’s only happened to me before when i used PVA glue instead of floetrol. It may be that I need more floetrol, it may be that its housepaint instead of my usual artists white or – and I think this is the cause – it may be that the white was too thick.
I do have issues with consistency and looking at vid and remembering it was quite thick, didn’t really flow well. I’ve got a couple of others drying that have the housepaint white and a floetrol ratio same as this, but where paint is thinner so when they dry that should tell me if I’m right and its that paint was too thick, or if its actually the lower floetrol. I might try two small ones, just pour the white as a thin and thick mix and see how they dry. I think that would show me a definite cause.

Advertisements